Antiquing Furniture: A Tale of a Little Girl's Bedroom

Have I told you how much I love antiquing furniture?  Well, I really, really, really do!  I continue to be in awe of the transformation that can occur. 
 
I had the pleasure of working with a mother and daughter on a bedroom suite recently.  The family had just purchased a new home and had begun the decorating process.  The bedroom suite was furniture that was from several rooms in their old home.  It included her parent's wedding bed which was a dark teak wood, a pair of pickled oak bookcases from an office and then 2 French Provencial chests that were in the little girl's room from the old house.  In the end, we united them and made them work by antiquing them with Amy Howard Paint. 
 
As you see the bed was beautiful but when I saw it I KNEW that it was going to be even more beautiful.  By antiquing them in white the true beauty of the carvings showed! 
 
 
In the end, the lingerie chests boasts the French ornamentation.   
 
 
I used Dust of Ages to bring out the carvings and gave it a look as if it was a sculpted artwork.
 
 
It looked like a true antique piece in the end. 
 
 
Even the these chest of drawers got a little dusting too! 
 
 
The pickled oak bookcases looked like custom built-ins in the end. 
 
 
I had a lot of fun transforming this mix matched furniture into a beautiful set for a special princess!  Antiquing furniture is a great way to do just that. 
 
Until next time, don't forget that Great Design Takes Time!
 
 
Lisa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment