Christmas Mantle

The fireplace mantle is the focal point of the home.  At Christmas time, I love playing this area up.  Afterall, this is where Santa Clause comes down the chimney with toys to share!

 
The most special part of my Christmas mantle is the "Merry Christmas" wood heart garland on twine.  I made this for my mother my senior year of high school.  I remember my father drilling the holes in the hearts and me painting them.  Then I remember carefully using my best print that my mom taught me to do the lettering.  It brings a smile to my face and warm childhood memories of my family.
 


My mom gave me these cute wood reindeers to add to the center.  I actually bring them out in the fall and leave them out through Christmas.  



For years, I wanted to make my own stockings.  I grew up with a mother who was verymuch a homemaker.  She made my brother and me our very own stockings.  I wanted to do the same!  When we moved into our Marwood home, I asked my mom to help me.  We took upholstery fabric and lined them with fleece. 
 

Then trimmed them with various types of trim for each family member.  This is the trim my daughter chose for hers.  This will be a memory I will always cherish and I love how they turned out. 





 
The candles are up all year around but I enjoy lighting them more at this time of the year when we have friends and family come over and light them.  The candleholders are a mix of rustic wrought iron and then a pair of carved olive branch wood.  I chose to to mix the colors of candles and love how they turned out.  I would have never done it that way except I was trying to use what I had already.  I think they look perfect.


Christmas is my favorite time of year to decorate and I enjoy sharing and hopefully inspiring you. 


Remember, Great Design Takes Time!


Lisa Wills


No comments:

Post a Comment